Welcome to Anywhere! đź‘‹ About Me & About Anywhere!

Anywhere

Yaoyao’s Blog

About Me

As a developer, my objective is to use emerging tech to uplift daily life. My areas of interest encompass Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), K12 education technology (EdTech), Intangible Cultural Heritage, independent development, and enhancing accessibility.

Anywhere

The terms “somewhere person” and “everywhere person” are used to describe two different approaches to life and identity.
A “somewhere person” is someone deeply tied to a specific place or region, unable to fathom starting a new life elsewhere. In contrast, an “everywhere person” is capable of living in multiple different places. For example, when a crisis like a pandemic erupts, an “everywhere person” can quickly book a flight to a unaffected area and easily find a job to maintain a good quality of life.

To become an “everywhere person,” one needs certain visible attributes like language proficiency, professional skills, and the ability to take care of oneself. However, there are also hidden mental and attitudinal requirements. These include not having an excessive attachment to one’s homeland and its culture, being open to other cultures, having the courage to start anew, a determination to break free from path dependency, and the willingness to acknowledge and resist the negative aspects of one’s upbringing culture.

There are many individuals who frequently express their desire to “run away” when faced with difficulties, but often they remain stuck in rhetoric and don’t take real action. The truth is, the visible requirements aren’t as high as one might think; it’s the mindset and lack of initiative that serve as the fundamental obstacles preventing people from truly making a change.